Saturday 30 October 2010

The Liz Coincidence

I fell out with a girl called Liz about twelve years ago. It was an amicable split in the end. We're Facebook friends and had a conversation about three years ago, but nothing else.

Then a couple of days ago I was reading the British Sea Power forum and it mentioned them playing at Brudenell Social Club in Leeds, which was on the same street that Liz lived when she moved there and where I knew her best. That was a reminder out of the blue.

And yesterday she sent me a message on Facebook "How are you? Would be nice to see you. Would that be impossible? Liz" which was completely unexpected and lovely.

Then tonight I went to see The Kids Are All Right featuring the actress Mia Wasikowski who I've never seen before but who was so reminiscent of an 18 year old Liz that it was uncanny. Things come in threes they say.

I've told her it would be great to see her but I doubt it'll ever happen.

This photo is the best I can do as an illustration of how similar they look, Liz would be 16 here: