Sunday 29 August 2010

Football Amongst The Enemy

Liverpool 1 West Bromwich Albion 0

Had the opportunity to go up to Anfield in amongst the Liverpool fans today. I had no worries about problems inside the ground knowing that I can behave myself and talk myself out of minor bother but thought it would be wise to go as incognito as possible to blend in outside and avoid revealling my obvious West Bromwich accent; hence my Casual-inspired get-up today (which I am modelling with a very strange expression in the photo below).

The match itself was as frustrating as ever, we still haven't scored against the fuckers since 1985 and again had two blatant penalty appeals rejected by the referee (he also sent off Morrison because the crowd told him to) late on.

We kept the ball well, used it wisely and looked pretty solid at the back. We'll beat plenty of the mid-ranking teams if we keep that up and my pre-season prediction of 16th may even be a little conservative.

A happy loss tonight, then.