Thursday 19 August 2010

Following On From "Smart Casual" And "A Chambray Shirt"

I tried to pull off that air of studious casual (not Casual) cool myself today.

Remember, here's the idea:



And here's me:


In all seriousness it felt okay in a way that it wouldn't have a while back, as though I've given myself license to rough things up a little and for it to be okay. I suppose that's the whole sprezzatura idea isn't it; knowing the rules and then disobeying them. Everything else is as it should be- neat hair, well fitted shirt (though a little untucked on the side), shirt placket in line with fly, belt matching the well polished shoes, tailored jeans, contrasting socks and discreet jewellery. The zhoozhed-up sleeves just loosen things up a little and make them a little less uptight without interrupting the clean, neat aesthetic.

I like it a lot.