Thursday 26 August 2010

Fantasy Football (Week 2)

Inferior performance to week 1 across all three teams and I'm going to blame some unpredictable results (Newcastle 6 Villa 0? A Theo Walcott hat-trick? Liverpool getting a 3-0 hammering?).

Style Over Content slipped to sixth in the table and the 15 point gap to the top has been stretched to 32 now. As I said last week I think 352 was a mistake with Beckford looking unlikely to play many and Kuyt an expensive midfield luxury. Three changes later and I'm able to field Arsenal's impressive new striker and the hot player of the season thus far Gareth "Whoville" Bale. Here's the new team:


I AM FUCKING SEXY are now second in the mini-league up from third but a terrifying 181 points off the lead (when I was only 72 points last week). No changes yet though as Joe Cole who I fancied swapping in for the stuttering Petrov is suspended.

Fisher Apathetic tumbled to 9th from 2nd and are 36 points off the lead.

The key with all of the teams is that Frank Lampard Jr the one-trick pony and Fantasy League must-pick pulls his finger out. That Petrov and N'Zogbia step up and that Everton and Spurs tighten up!